As the official representation of the United Republic of Tanzania, the High Commission cover all matters concerning diplomatic relations, and has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the governments and the peoples of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Uganda
The High Commission main pre-occupation is to promote Tanzania's economic and other interests and well as all matters related to East African Community (EAC). In this regard, the High Commission represents Tanzania’s interests in a range of areas, including, trade, finance, investment, tourism, as well as education, tourism and culture. It reaches out to potential investors, businesses, governmental and non-governmental entities, among others, in the area of accreditation and encouraging them to do business with Tanzania, visit tourist attractions, or do such other things with the aim of strengthening ties with Tanzania.
The high commission also works to safeguard interests of Tanzanians living in the areas of accreditation.
Tanzania High Commission in Kampala, Uganda runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Tanzanian, Ugandas and international citizens in Uganda and its accredited countries citizens.
A: Consular activities
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania national abroad
- Issuance of Emergence Travel documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals in distress abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificate
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems.
B: Commercial activities
- Facilitating all Maters related to East African Community (EAC)
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of our representation.
- Conciliating cultural exchange between Tanzanian and the other countries in the area of our representation.